Friday, October 2, 2009

stop the spinning, i'm not ready.

i am a couple of days away from entering the last year of my 20s. i have been going through a weird mental state lately. and it's not like the age thing, because i'm not one of those people who withholds my age or is weird about turning 30 or 40 or whatever. i don't mind the process. it's life; it is what it is.
i guess what's weighing on me comes from planning my dad's 60th birthday. somehow his party has become a 300 attendees event. and that's fine, it's do-able, even though for some reason i have become the person on this. but the slideshow has taken up so much more time than i expected. and filtering through their decades of photos means filtering through decades of my photos. so i'm seeing all these versions of me - all these me's that i used to be. i am not who i was 10 years ago. hell, i'm not even who i was 5 years ago. and i guess it makes me wonder who i will be in the next 5-10 years. but in staying true to the poop, i don't want to think too hard about this and plan and make goals.

and then there is where i am in life. i don't know if this is where i want to be. but i don't know where i would remove myself to. i guess i hope that something or someone will come along and make the choice for me. realistically, that's not going to happen. bleh.

1 comment:

franksabunch said...

Happy birthday, poopaloopa! It's too bad that we often have to trade the garnering of wisdom with the withering of our bodies...but you don't! You look fabulous! (Well, as fabulous as poop in human form can!) ;)

All the best to you this new year in your life. Don't forget the rustling sound of pom-poms behind you. =D